Lavender is one if nature’s wonder drugs! It calms the nerves, soothes and relaxes, and has many uses ranging from culinary to medical. I’d like to focus on Lavender’s beautification properties. It has many cosmetic uses and can quite easily be incorporated into any daily regime. I have tons of lavender growing outside so I have been researching ways to use it more to take advantage of its many wonderful properties. Here are Ten Uses For Lavender In Your Beauty Routine.
1. Lavender Steam Facial. I posted about this last year. Toss few handfuls of fresh or dried lavender (I used both) into a big bowl and add hot water. Lean over the bowl and cover your head with a towel. You will have a wonderful steam facial that will leave your skin smooth and radiant.
2. Lavender Toner. Add a few drops of lavender essential oil to some Witch Hazel mixed with purified water. Put in a spray bottle and spritz on your face. You will have a fantastic toner that will tighten pores and leave skin fresh and lovely.
3. Lavender Body Spray. Add a few drops of sesame or vitamin E oil to the above recipe and you will have a body spray that will leave skin silky smooth. It will rival anything on the market for pennies on the dollar.
4. Lavender Body Scrub. My sister makes a great one! Mix up a few drops of lavender essential oil with Epsom Salts and a little sesame oil. Toss in a bit of dried lavender (note: may hang around in bathtub) and head directly to the shower to use your amazing new body scrub.
5. Lavender Hair Rinse. Steep a few heads of fresh lavender in some warm water. Use as a final rinse when washing your hair. It will help keep dandruff at bay while making your hair feel soft and beautiful.
6. Lavender Bath Bombs. I love bath bombs! I used this recipe that combines Epsom Salt, baking soda and citric acid. Add dried lavender, lavender essential oils, and a little Vitamin E oil and you’ll have a lavender beauty bomb that will leave you feeling relaxed and lovely.
7. Lavender Lip Balm. Lavender’s healing properties make it perfect for soothing chapped lips. Smash up a ready made lip balm from the dollar store and add a few drops of lavender essential oil or make your own and kiss chapped lips goodbye.
8. Lavender Fragrance Oil. It is said that Cleopatra used lavender oil as a perfume. It has relaxing as well as seductive properties. Combine equal parts of lavender essential oil, vanilla essential oil, and almond or sesame oil and you’ll have a fresh, sexy fragrance that can be worn anytime – day or night.
9. Lavender Skin Elixer. Lavender can be used to treat a variety of skin issues including acne, bug bites, rashes, and even burns. Apply the oil directly to the problem area. It is great for dry skin as well. Mix in a couple of drops a couple of squirts of lotion and it will soothe even the driest of skin.
10. Lavender Linen Spray. We all know the importance of beauty sleep. Mix in a bit of lavender oil into a spray bottle full of Witch Hazel for a lovely linen spray that will enhance relaxation and induce sleep. Sweet dreams!
Linking Up Here:
DIY Project Parade – DIY Showoff
Make It Pretty Monday – The Dedicated Blogspot
Made By You – Skip To My Lou
Show Me What Ya Got – Not Just A Housewife
Trash 2 Treasure – Kammy’s Korner
Welcome Home Wednesday – Vintage on A Dime
Wednesday’s Adorned From Above – Adorned From Above
Talkin’ About Thursday – Designed Decor
Inspiration In Progress – Clippie Dips
Doggone Dirty Crafting – Rhinestone Beagle
Pinspirational Thursday – Confessions of an ADD Housewife
I Freakin’ Did It Friday – Miss Information
Weekend Wrap-Up Party – Tatertots & Jello
Frugal Friday – The Shabby Nest